Monday 17 September 2012

SAAF Black and White Historical Photo's

From my collection of South African Air Force Black and White Images. 



My late cousin, Nick Barkhuizen was a photographer with the SAAF. 

He flew in Canberras during the Border War. I think I got these from him.

 I'm not sure if these are his work, or reprints of photographs taken by somebody else. 
Any help in attributing them correctly will be appreciated. 
I also have some large format colour photos, possibly taken by Herman Potgieter, 
which I'll post when I find a scanner big enough.

(Click on the images for a larger view)


B.E Canberra taking off
  

One that came a cropper


Canberra in Air superiority grey (?)


 Dassault Mirage F1 AZ


Dassault Mirage III EZ 


SA Navy Westland Wasp with Divers about to take the plunge


Aermacchi MB-326M Impala Mk. 1.(Built by Atlas)



Bosbok over Hartebeespoortdam (Looks like Cosmos ? I'm guessing by the Kariba weed in the picture)



Piaggio P166  Albatros 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amelia Earhart's sad demise

Dozens heard Amelia Earhart's final, chilling pleas for help, researchers say Distilled from 2 posts in the  Washington Post a...